Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Messy awesome kid

Seems like yesterday, but here we are celebrating the boy's 14th birthday. (I've been trying not to use my kids names in social media, fyi, after realizing how prevalent they are on Google searches, thanks to me, and after they specifically requested that they be removed from google searches, but posting your kid on the internet, like so many other parental actions, cannot be undone.)

I'm posting this picture with permission, and with great nostalgia for my children's childhood. We blinked our eye and now he's a teenager on the verge of high school and a driver's permit.

Just in case this gives the illusion that I've been a vigilant scrap booker ... sadly, no. It's one of a half dozen pages I've created to represent the past 20 years of marriage and motherhood. The will is there, by gosh. Scrapbooks, look out 'cuz here I come.

There's so much I could say about this time and place, summer, 2001, Baltimore, backyard. For now, I'll just say "we made it."

With love from yours truly,

Natural Born Bleeding Heart

1 comment:

  1. Grandma sure loves that 14 year old young man.

    ReplyDelete