Saturday, April 27, 2013

Marriage by Numbers: Bob and Me

I'm so glad I don't get what I deserve because I certainly don't deserve this.
Photo is taken in front of our beloved student housing building at Luther Seminary in St. Paul,
circa 2007, right after Bob's liver healed and right before moving to Iowa,
thanks to a generous call from the lovely people of St. John's Lutheran church
in downtown Des Moines. For some reason, after Bob's liver healed I got  my groove,
which didn't go over so well at my workplace. So you could also say that this picture was
the beginning of the end of my 15-year-old job. (Another story.)
Aidan, 2nd grade, Amanda 6th. Darn, they are cute.
Love you babe! (For Bob.)


























April 30, 1994 - April 30, 2013

19 Years together.

18 Thousand or so silly jokes (mostly Bob).

17 Thousand or so regrets (mostly me).

16 Years with a daughter.

15 Countries of influence.

14 Sisters and brothers-in-law.

13 Years with a son.

12 Nieces and nephews.

11 Years of seminary coursework. (Three schools.)

10 Jobs. (One of us got fired.)

9 Lutheran congregations.

8 Trips to the emergency room.

7 Times seventy the forgiveness, frustration, patience, aggravation, kindness, disagreement, compromise, difference, similarity, like, dislike, potato, potAto, unity, discord, and above all wishing the very best for one another no matter what.  

 6 Homes (one row house, three apartments, two mortgages).

5 Vehicles.

4 Cities (New York City, Baltimore, St. Paul, Des Moines.)

4 Surgeries.

3 Cats.

3 Pregnancies.

2 Births.

2 Master’s degrees.

2 Lovely mothers and fathers (one-RIP).

1 Organ failure.

1 Cancer.

1 Amanda.

1 Aidan.

1 Beloved Bob.

1 Infinity of collective friends.

1 Lucky me.



2 comments: