Monday, August 24, 2015

21 Day Project - Day 1 - Last Ditch

Is it true that you can break a bad habit if you stop that bad habit for 21 days? I have so many bad habits and still I'm not trying to break any (or at least none that I'd like to mention here), but I would like to start a habit. So I'm wondering if it works the other way: do something for 21 days and it's a habit.

The habit I would like to start is this: writing. Due to the fact that I identify myself as a writer, I feel it is important that I actually write. However I do very little, except for Facebook posts and marketing pieces. Plus, I have also vowed to not write about writing (which I used to do a lot, but no more), so by my own definition this blog post is unacceptable. But for this very one time I'm giving myself a pass because otherwise I could not explain the 21 Day Project. It's a last ditch attempt to awaken my shriveled up creative brain, which used to operate like a monster.

I've been thinking a lot lately about transition, so maybe this is a way to manage change. Not sure. I do believe that writing brings you to places you didn't expect. Not to have too high expectations, but that would be nice.

According to my calendar, the 21 Day Project will end on September 14. (I'm not working on a business calendar.) Anyone else want to join?

See you all here tomorrow, in theory.

Cheers,

Natural Born Bleeding Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment